5.22.2009

Big Day

Yesterday was Lindsey's graduation with Mrs. Baker's class! It was super sweet. Mrs. Baker is very "old school" and so this was a very informal, but precious setting. She has been teaching preschool here for literally 30+ years. You can tell she truely loves her job and these kids! Lindsey had a fun time and loved being there! (you can see Courtney in the top left corner being held by here daddy)

They sat at their table where they always sit during school.

Mrs. Baker kept some of their art work that had been on their bulletin board throughout the year. Then they made it into a book and she presented each of them with their book. Lindsey was so proud! I love the look on her face!

Mrs. Baker put their hats on them and they had to give them back. They got to keep their yarn tassel that I'm confident Mrs. Baker made for them. Lindsey's was actually way too big. As she was sitting at the table, I noticed it was falling down. She had a ponytail in so I thought maybe that was making it not stay on good. So I took that out. It kept falling down, but oh well. Then when Mrs. Baker said "Lindsey Lee Scogin" as though we were 13 years down the road at her high school graduation, she walked up and it was falling. Mrs. Baker tried to fix it for a few min (as Lindsey so sweetly stood there and let her try) until she had to get a different one. Just a small, funny story to remember. Here she is getting her diploma. So cute!
This is my most favorite picture from today! I am so proud! She's a very smart, very sweet little girl that will do great at her "5 year old school" that she's going to next year. Because she isn't going to kindergarten next year I was not too teary eyed. Just excited for her to be so proud and so thrilled with having us there at her school.

Lindsey, I love you so much. You are growing up into a very sweet young lady. I love that you try very hard to follow the rules. You are learning Bible verses and talk about loving Jesus all the time. My prayer as your mom is that you will always do this. That you will follow the rules and love Jesus all of your life! I'm excited for you to learn and grow even more next year!
Mrs. Baker gave them all these hilarious sunglasses! They of course thought they were so cool!
We gave Mrs. Baker a Thank you card and small gift. We got her a candle, Lindsey picked out strawberry scent. I'm guessing because it was pink. We made her cookies and Lindsey made her a card. She wrote it herself.


It was a great day! Mrs. Baker was a great teacher and Lindsey enjoyed having her.

3 comments:

Reba said...

Such sweet pics and what a special day!

The Junods said...

Great pics. Cute dress and such a big girl!!!!

Lynne Paulus said...

What a fun, memorable day! You can just picture you sitting around making the slideshow for her H.S. graduation and having that preschool graduation picture there to bring major tears to your eyes! Precious!