7.06.2008

Happy 4th!

We had a neat July 4th this year. We watched fireworks from the boat! It was so fun! We decided to just take Lindsey so we could stay and watch the fireworks and not have a craky baby! Thanks mom and dad for taking care of Courtney so we could have a fun day with Lindsey! She had fun being the "only child" for the day I think!She is her mother's child...this ONLY happens on the boat! NOT at home! We took a few toys for the long afternoon waiting for it to get dark.
We grilled hot dogs for supper. It is so fun to be on the boat and do that. I love it! That time of day (dinner time) is one of my most favorite on the boat. It is sunny, not hot and with a cool breeze. So peaceful! I had so much fun! Notice Lindsey's "plate" of a chip bag. I packed all the food but no plates. We have used them all so we had NO plates! Luckily we had eaten all of those chips (ha ha) and Lindsey could use it as a plate! Fun!
Lindsey and Ryan swimming! The noodles should have been bought at the beginning of the summer! They were great!! Lindsey loved them too! She was swimming all over the place!
We had a great 4th! Thank you to all of the people that serve our country and let us have the freedoms that we do. I have been reminded of that so many times this weekend! Wow! What a gift we have in freedom! Praise the Lord!
On Saturday we went back to the lake and Uncle Kyle and Aunt Miah came too! Cynda brought Megan too. We had a great time. We played in the water and had lunch on the boat. Megan rode in the tube by herself for literally 45 minutes! She was worn out! She had a blast though!

The riders!

Courtney...driving...she thinks!

Uncle Kyle and Lindsey riding in the red boat! Thanks Uncle Kyle!Worn out Courtney!

Of course there are no pictures of Miah and I! It is the kids and boys that end up in all the pics, but we were there and we had a blast!

5 comments:

Alisa Berteau said...

Diet Coke??? :) She looks so grown up in that picture!!!! Wow.

Reba said...

It is fun to have only part of the crew...makes the one you are with feel special. I bet it is fun watching fireworks from the boat! Looks so peaceful.
Reba

Angela said...

Lindsey looks like such a big girl. I'm glad ya'll had a great 4th! I'm lobbying for a boat.

Lynne Paulus said...

Sounds like it was a ton of fun! Hanging out on the boat sounds so great, wish we were there to soak up some rays with you guys!

Julie said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!