Well, since this is a "journal" type thing and it is something that I and my girls (Ryan of course if he wants to) will be able to look back, I may write more than you want to read, but here's the "journal" of our trip and what went on in Greenwood while we were gone.
Saturday-We left for Dallas (to fly out Sun. AM) at 6:30. I cried and cried, but the girls did good. Courtney was in the bath tub and Lindsey was watering the flowers with Grangrad.
Sunday-We flew to Cancun and landed in the rain. As the stewardist said 'I wish I could say welcome to sunny Cancun, but I obviously can't.' By the time we got to our resort, 11:00, it was sunny there. Our room wasn't ready, but it wasn't supposed to be, but what do you do? We just hung out, looked around, made dinner reservations for the week and waited on our room.
Monday-Beautiful weather, hung out in the pool A LOT, watched water volley ball that was going on continuously! Monday night we stayed up for the show at the hotel, like on a cruise, but it wasn't really worth it.
Ryan ate the shrimp and seafood platter or something on Monday, got sick in the night, luckily only once, so he thinks it was something weird in the seafood that he ate. We really didn't have anything that was the same, other than the soup they served, so who knows. It wasn't pretty though!
Tuesday-Rained pretty much all day, off and on. It sort of cleared some in the afternoon, but the water was cool as was the air, so we didn't stay in the pool, but read magazines and stuff, just relaxing! So fun! After a rough Monday night, it was nice to just lay around. We played ping pong and yes, I beat Rayn several games. After winning 'best of 5' he decided it was best of 7, and he ended up winning those, but I had him before that. We played cards too, he did beat me at nertz! Fun stuff you don't normally do, unless you are just hangning out with no distractions.
Wednesday-It was cloudy, but as our last day we wanted to just hang out at the pool and stuff as much as we could. So, we did. We decided to ride a sea doo. Ryan LOVES that and I like it, but it doesn't excite me like it does him. It was fun, but remember it is cloudy. Started raining on us, not horribly, but just enough to "make a memory" once again!
For dinner, we did a Captain Hook Dinner Cruise that we had heard good thing about on the internet, but didn't really know much about. It turned out to be one of the most fun things we did on our trip! Maybe even the most fun part of any vacation we have taken. However, we have no pictures. My camera decided not to work on the last evening. Better then as opposed to the first night. Anyway, it was very entertaining and a lot of fun!
Thursday-We had to check out by 8:00 to get to the air port. We got there, had no trouble and got on our flight and headed home to Greenwood via Dallas!
That was our trip and we had so much fun!!!
The girls had fun in Greenwood!
Sunday and Monday-They hung out at the house and played with Honey and Grangrad. Nothing too exciting, but fun none the less.
Tuesday-The girls went to MDO, wore their dresses that Honey got them with candy corn on them. Cute! They did good at school and it gave the grandparents a break!
Tuesday night they went to eat at the Bulldog Diner (here in Greenwood) that Honey and Grandgrad love to eat at when they come here. Courtney was sort of fussy and they just thought she might be teething because I had said that she wasn't eating very well sometimes. But, Tuesday night at 9:30 my mom called my friend Tracy, here in Greenwood and asked about an after hours clinic because Courtney was just crying and crying when they would lay her down. By the grace of God, she's a good sleeper like Lindsey was, so it was very unusal for her to be like that and they knew that. There isn't a clinic in Greenwood after hours and not worth driving to Ft. Smith.
Wednesday- They called the doc. and took her in. Double ear infection and "crud" in her throat. They then headed to Wal-Mart for the 2 perscriptions she needed. Bless their hearts! But, Courtney did take good naps and slept that night good.
Thursday-She was a little better on Thursday and napped good. We got home Thursday night in time to see her and I put her to bed. Lindsey was so excited to see us, on the other hand, you would have thought that Courtney didn't know me. Truely! It was a weird feeling! I would crawl toward her to play and she would back up and after a few times of that (she wasn't even smiling) she ran over to mom! So, I put her to bed and played, read and sang like normal and I was convinced enough to put her in bed feeling like I thought she knew me.
It was a great break and vacation for Ryan and I. We had so much fun. It was easy to relax knowing that our girls were so taken care of! THANK YOU HONEY AND GRANGRAD! We love you!
10.13.2007
ALL About Cancun!
Posted by Sharon at 2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment