8.31.2012

Whitney's Meet the Teacher Night

Whitney is starting a new school.  I was ok with the MDO she was going to last year, but just didn't feel a peace about it.  I kept asking around and a school that is so close to our house kept coming up.  It would come up with moms I was chatting with, but that don't even know eachother or run in the same circles.  So I decided that was God's way of telling me that it was ok.  She will be going to "Sonshine School" at Mt. Comfort Church of Christ.  She will go 2 days a week, so just enough to give me time to run errands and get some things done at home that are just easier without a 3 year old around. :)  

I was beyond excited when we left her open house last week.  It was so welcoming.  So kid friendly.  So organized.  So much of what I wanted and needed to be reassured Whitney was in the right spot.  It was complete confirmation that she will be completely taken care of and loved on.

I wanted to take a picture with her teachers, just like the big girls and she was having NO part of it.  I begged and bribed, but she adamantly said no.  It wasn't worth the fight to me, so maybe on the first day.

The only picture I got was when she was playing with Thomas, the only boy we know in her class.  She looks less than thrilled, but she was having a good time.  I am going to guess someone was talking to her and she didn't know them, so this is the look she gives.  Nice!



0 comments: