8.17.2012

Meet the Teacher

We had meet the teacher night and it was much anticipated.  We kept hearing all the Kindergarten and 2nd grade teachers were good, but we were ready to know who their teachers were going to be this year!  Courtney found her name in Mrs. Baltazar's class.

 We found her desk.  The classroom was a perfect, cute, fun looking room!  Court was excited, but got shy.  One of the things was a classroom scavenger hunt for them to do while we filled out papers.  Lindsey helped Courtney and it was a great idea so Ryan and I could meet the teacher and I could get the things filled out.

 Courtney and her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Baltazar!  She is so sweet.  We have heard great things about her.  Evan Cothern had her and loved her, so we are excited!
 Lindsey found her name in Mrs. Mitchell's room.  She has a friend in there too, Maggie!  She was excited to know someone.  Maggie was one of her first friends last year.

 Lindsey's classroom was so cute and so fun.  She had some books on her desk so we could see the kinds of things she would be doing.


Lindsey and Miss Mitchell.  I think she will be a fun teacher!  This is her first year to teach and she seems ready and excited!


Here are our 2 Holcomb Hornets!  I think this will be a great picture every year!

 After meet the teacher Courtney was invited to a "Going to kindergarten" ice cream party.  Through Katherine I met a couple of girls who were hosting this party.  There are A LOT of moms that are friends or know eachother fairly well who have girls going to kindergarten.  Here they all are on the stairs!  Can you even imagine this same group in 12 years graduating?  Crazy to think about!  Pretty cool to have some connections and friends before starting a new school.  It was a blessing for Courtney and I both to get to meet friends!

0 comments: