2.25.2011

Valentine's Day...better late than never!

I helped organize Lindsey's class party with Miss Morgan. We played a couple of games, one being a cake walk. It was easy and a big hit! SO fun!


Remember Blake, well, he showed up at the Valentine party with a gift. Just like he told Lindsey he was going to. Luckily only one or two times Lindsey asked to take a gift to him. We decided that in Kindergarten it wasn't time to start buying boys presents.

(read Blake's shirt--the small print says especially the female ones)
He gave her this stuffed animal and a small heart box of chocolates!

Valentines Day was on a Monday and Mondays are crazy because the girls have dance/gymnastics, but I wanted to do something special for our family. To show our girls that it isn't just about boys and girls loving each other but that we love our family! So it wasn't perfect like it was in my head, but it was fun and they felt special...I hope!


Nothing like eating mashed potatoes with your hand, right?
We had roast, potatoes, green beans, rolls and fruit salad!

2 comments:

The Junods said...

Love the cake walk idea! Such a fun dinner! I love those kind of ideas. And I'm SO not ready for my children to have real "valentines". I can't believe LL got something from a boy!! So sweet!

Reba said...

Okay, he is adorable. I love how you decorated!