6.12.2010

Swimming Lessons

We are doing swimming lessons again this year with Mrs. Jane! She is just amazing! Lindsey is such a "fish" as she calls her students! I love it! Lindsey has turned a corner and is seriously swimming. Learning to take breaths, treading water, and even swimming the length of the pool.

Here are some of the kids lined up for Lindsey's class. Notice Courtney and Scott are sitting there! Of course....they think they are so big!


She does a great job of kicking and using "big arms" almost every time!
Learning to take breaths, but she likes to just stop, tread water, and get a breath, rather than do it "in stroke" as is the correct way to do it!


Courtney's class
Learning to put your face in the water! What a great way, Mrs. Jane...she's so good!
Courtney and Scott can cause trouble together. They are both good swimmers and tend to get somewhat sidetracked going under together. These 2...never! ha!
All the little sisters waiting. I guess we will all be here hanging out for the next few summers! What a fun time and fun memories with friends!
I'm so thankful for this experience for my girls. I don't remember a lot of specifics of swimming lessons from when I was growing up, but I certainly remember taking them and can see the pool in my head of where I learned. I know that this is an important life skill for my girls and even if it means sitting outside for an hour and a half in the heat, I LOVE doing it for them! I'm so proud!

1 comments:

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Love your blog background! I thought about doing the mommy and tot swim class at Flame this year but then I thought how that might not be so fun big and pregnant! :) Maybe next year! Looks like fun!