6.18.2012

Birthday in Vegas

 We had always talked about going to Vegas with Travis and Erin.  Travis was turning 40 and Erin wanted to do something big but wasn't sure what to do.  So she and I started scheming a trip to Vegas.  Then when she decided for sure, we planned it, booked it and figured things out with Ryan and got it ready without telling Travis anything.  It was going to be a great surprise.  But then something came  up at church that they were going to miss so she had to tell him so he wouldn't sign up for it.  But, she did surprise him that it was already booked and we were going NO MATTER! Fun Fun fun times!


 The plane was late and it was already a late flight to begin with, like 9:30.  So here we are standing and waiting to get on.  We were so excited to have a great trip planned with just us!

 We were so tired because by the time we landed and got to our hotel and room, it was like our bodies were thinking it was midnight, but in Vegas it was only 10:00.  No one goes to bed at 10 in Vegas, so we battled and hung out in the lobby of the hotel and started people watching.  That was only the beginning.
We mainly walked through the amazing hotels and malls and found places to eat.  It was so fun and relaxing.  Although it was so nice to get into the hotel part because it was so stinkin' HOT!

 
 We went to a Dancing with the Stars show.  It was fun to see some of the actual people that had been on the show.  My sweet husband "endured" it more than watched it I think.  But, Erin and I enjoyed it a lot!  We were glad we went!


 It really is amazing how it looks like almost a different place at night.  We weren't outside at night much, but the lights and sights were awesome!

 Ryan and I have watched the tv show "Pawn Stars" for a few years now and so we had to go visit the shop and see it live and in person.  They weren't filming for tv, the guys that are on the show weren't there, but it was still cool to see it and be there where you know from tv.


 Its funny how the shop itself is in a weird part of town. Nothing close to it.  Not on the strip at all.  It was literally just out there in an old part of town and you for sure aren't going to just happen on it. You would have to make the effort.  But, I'm glad we did.  The shop is nothing fancy and just looks like an old pawn shop.  Fun memories for sure!  Lindsey thought it was cool to see these pictures because she has watched it with us some.

 We stayed at New York, New York.  We wanted to ride the roller coaster that was attached, but it was $15 and not worth that to any of us.  So we didn't. :)

One of the things that we liked about our hotel was this little spot we found to people watch.  It was just in the lobby, outside of a piano bar.  So you could hear the piano bar but not be in the middle of the crazy people.  Just where we needed to be.  Plus we were kind of in this walkway where people would walk past to get to a show.  So it became "our spot" and we would sit there for a couple of hours each night before we went to bed and be completetly entertained by those that walked by, danced in the bar, the ones that came and went out of the bar.  It was so much fun.  One of the things we would notice was the older couples that were there.  Then we would say, "Oh there we are in 20 years" and die laughing.  Maybe you had to be there, but it was great times!


The last morning I wanted to see some of the shops that were by our hotel and get a couple of souvineres.  One of the shops right there was the M&M shop.  It was cool and I thought about Lindsey when I saw this picture.  She loves to sort and she would have loved to have seen all of these M&Ms sorted by color.  There was also a Coca Cola store.  Erin and I loved finding all kinds of cute Diet Coke things.  I could have bought a lot in there just because I love DC so much!


 There were all kinds of characters like this dressed up everywhere.  I can't imagine how hot they were.  I was hot in my shorts and tank top!

 This trip was amazing.  I am so so so thankful for life long friends.  Erin and Travis will be in our lives forever.  We will go to each other's kids weddings.  We will hopefully still be taking trips like this in 20 years.  We will be the couple walking by...Ryan and Travis in a floral button up Hawaiian shirt and shorts, white socks and brown sandals.  Erin and I will be in our skirt that matches the material of their shirt with our white blouse.  HA!  It's fun to think about and I can't begin to imagine our lives without these friends!


0 comments: