4.10.2008

In the hall

No pictures to post, but just something to "note" for myself. Last night we had some bad storms move through here. This area gets more tornados than we did growing up just north. So, being the "storm watcher" that I am, I'm always watching with the weather guys to be sure nothing is happening here. Last night there were MAJOR storms here. At 11:30 I had just rolled over and was going to try and go to sleep, but I left the TV on just in case. About 12:30 I heard them talking about Greenwood so I started watching again. As I looked there were about 10 circles meaning rotation right on the edge of us. They were saying take cover if you live in Greenwood. I'm a freak about all of this kind of weather and always stay up and watch it and Ryan could sleep through it all and not be bothered one bit. I had brought it up before we went to bed that if the sirens went off and they were talking about Greenwood there was no way I was leaving the girls in their beds. He agreed. So at 12:30 with the circles, them talking and the sirens, we got the girls. Lindsey just sat in my lap and when I asked her if she knew I got her in the night and if she knew what we did she said no. She apparently has no memory of it. Courtney just wanted Ryan when he got her up and cried for her bed. She didn't cry the whole time. We were in the hall and Ryan was peeking around the corner watching the TV. Then he went to the guest room and got the mattress and we made a tent with it and sat under it. We all only sat under there for a few min. At one point the electricity flickered for a min. or so. That was a scary time for all of that min. Not because there was a tonrnado, but it was just no noise from the TV and you could hear everything outside. The winds were blowing so hard (they said 70 mph were in Greenwood) and the rain was loud too. I never really felt like something was going to happen, but for that min. I was a little nervous wondering if these strong winds were going to turn into something. Luckily they didn't. We watched for a few min. in the living room holding the girls to be sure that the bad stuff was gone. It was so they went back to bed. Ryan and I stayed up and watched just to be sure for a little bit. He said "I guess the girls went back to sleep?" So I checked on them and they were both sound asleep!

Thankfully they were troopers and apparently have no memory of what we did, which is surprising to me. I guess since it was literally the middle of the night it was just too long ago. I'm thankful we were safe and no major damage here. Fort Smith has some major flooding and some BAD hail damage. That was all north of us, so we just got a TON of rain! it is just starting to clear and isn't supposed to rain for the next week.

4 comments:

Julie said...

We were scared too, around midnight. I felt bad for the cop who was driving around with his siren on for us. Bless his heart!

Lynne Paulus said...

Glad you were ok and that the girls don't seem too bothered by any of the adventure at all.

Angela said...

Glad you guys made it through. What's up with the recent tornado epidemic? Not cool.

Foundations SS said...

I was wondering how you all were, glad to hear everything although scary was ok with you all.