5.09.2011

Wild Things Farm Kindergarten Field Trip

I got to go on a field trip with all the kindergarten classes at East Pointe Elementary. It was a lot of fun! Courtney just jumped right in and they were sweet to let her participate! We went to Wild Things Farm in Pocola, OK. This man was our guide and he looked wayyy country. He was really funny and really good at keeping their attention and keeping them in line!


They raced the pigs!
(each class has a color shirt and their teacher/room # on the back)

Then got to see a real pig, but Whit wouldn't get any closer than this!

They got to feed the goats, but Lindsey wouldn't get any closer than this! Courtney fed them several times and loved every minuet of it!
Here is the goat bridge (at least that's all I know to call it) where they can put food in these little cups and then turn the handle and it goes up to the goats. Pretty funny!

Lindsey wouldn't hold the goat, but Courtney was all about it!
Then they had a duck race....

Milking the cow (as one kid pointed out "that's not a real cow")

Then we went on a hayride and got to pet some horses. Courtney was at the front with Ms. Morgan, just making herself at home I'm certain!
One of the best parts was getting to pick strawberries! Lindsey was off doing her own thing (which is how most of the field trip was, to my surprise actually) so I don't have a picture of her. But, even Whitney thought this was really cool because she loves "berries" and was wanting to eat them all!!


Here is Lindsey with her friend Ashlyn. Sweet girls who go to school together and church!

Then they served everyone homemade strawberry ice cream!
Oh my goodness! It was very yummy!

Even Whitney got to have some and she loved it...of course!
This was a day that I loved getting to be a stay at home! This is the reason I want to do it. I want to be involved with my girls at their schools and do what I can to help the teachers! It was an awesome time!

1 comments:

Reba said...

What a fun time! I am so glad you were able to do that. We had our Gentry Safari trip today...always fun to see those faces light up seeing some animals for the first time...